Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spoiler...doesn't really help...

A few hours ago I watched one of the most anticipated film (for me at least) of the year, Dan Brown's Angels & Demons. Honestly I never finished the novel because I was too distracted with my work and my life. I don't have time for it. But right now I'm glad I never finished the novel. I'll tell you why...

I bought the novel several months ago and as predicted, it was good. The excitement and feel of adrenaline rush were there, plus Illuminati has always been a good plot for any movie or book. I think I got the whole story in my head but I failed to to that. It's only a few chapters to end the book, but it never happened.

When I know the release date of the movie getting nearer, I still didn't try to finish the book. I rather do the "voluntary" work like again the 5's thing etc. Now I know why...

This afternoon when I sat down in the cinema hall, I bet it will be awesome. I can't wait till the trailers to end and the movie starting. But 10 minutes into the movie, I wonder if I watched the wrong movie. It was different from the book. Not another Twilight...

Since the book is the source for the movie, it was predictable. But the movie too far been sugar-coated and Robert Langdon find it easy to find the next clue. It was disappointing. I guess I should watch the movie then read the novel. And why I'm glad I never finished the book? It's because when I watch the part where I haven't read, I got excited not knowing what's coming up. I always love spoilers, but this time I'm happy I dunno one single thing at the end. At least I got excited on some part of the movie. But one line from the movie that got me shaking my head like crazy.

"Religion is not perfect because humans are not perfect"

I beg to differ. For me my faith has always been perfect in every way. Only humans prefer to be imperfect. No question 'bout it baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?