Monday, September 21, 2009

Let's see what you got....don't be shy...

Well first and foremost...Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!!! It's the 22nd time I celebrate this wonderful day but ironically it is the first time in 22 years of my life that I entitled to stay at home during this day. You know what happened. I got infected with some-kind-of-eyes-virus that make me look like a character from 28 Weeks Later film. Biting is one of the zombie's traits but I'm not into biting mortals (but Erin insists that I become a vampire, very much like Edward Cullen, ahem) and biting Raya cookies and nasi impit+great-meat-dish-I-dunno-what-name-it-is keep me busy during the day. I don't give a damn on who's in the house since I will probably get them out of the house pretty quickly with my evil eyes...hahahaha....

All I know now is that everybody's asleep but I'm wide awake. It's 3.21 am (Adiela in UK adjust your clock now, hehe). I just watched CNBC and there was this show called The Suze Orman Show and it's probably the second show I'm gonna watch on CNBC (along with Conan O'Brien Show) and it was awesome!! It's about money guys...and it was a slap to my face. Ouch. Dah la sakit mata nih...kena lempang plak...well not literally I mean...

The Suze Orman Show involves around money matters and start nodding now guys, money has always been an issue. Some of us say no, it's never an issue. But still, it is true? Open your wallet and tell me it is a freaking problem. Well let's see...I got RM300 in cash and RM91 in bank account. Plus I got over RM21,000 in debt for two pieces of paper called diploma. I'm unemployed and still alive. A miracle? Not quite...

This post is actually try to make you realize how much you are in debt. Most of us especially students tend to forget they have to pay back each and every penny that they loaned and on top of that, interest. PTPTN is sure love to give but yes, it's also love to accept, even MORE!! So my friends who are loaning, please think before you make that purchase. Myself always wants something new (like right now, I'm dreaming of the new iPod Nano, sexy siott!!) and I know I cannot afford it. So what's the solution?

Start by shaking yourself to wake up from this financial dreams. We are not rich people!! Stop spending for something you cannot afford or even need. We need to educate ourselves about money. Right now I started reading Donald Trump's Why We Want You To Be Rich. I wanna be rich. I know you do, too. At the present time try to be thankful for what you have, like me for my 3 years old 6GB Creative ZEN mp3 player. It is sooo outdated (it was released back in 2004) and it has gone a period what we call "nyanyok already". A few glitches here and there but until it's dead, no new MP3 for me. It's sad truth but that's The Ugly Truth (oh the film is soo good...in theaters now).

So instead of 3D or digital 2D version of a movie, try the retro 35mm movies. I know who you are, who loves 3D movies. Perhaps it's time we all ask ourselves, is this a need or want? Or between Gold Class, Premiere Class or classless?

You go figure. If all else fails, try ask your wallet. It will surely nodding in agreement that you are certainly broke...

p/s: Congrats for Madonna with her new single Celebration entered at #3 in UK!! It is her 60th Top 40 entry in the country!! So Adiela, beli kat aku CD single tuh...hehehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?