Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm a grown man for heaven's sake...

I obviously have no idea it's gonna be this way. For me doing art & design means be avant-garde sometimes and do very classy or "high-brow" artwork. But heck, it doesn't turn up that way, for now at least. Do you have any idea how long I haven't touch or even bought a pencil sharpener?

I'm pretty sure it's almost a decade since I owned a pencil sharpener. But a few weeks ago I've broken that time period when I got myself a pencil sharpener. Since I have to sketch of course I would need a pencil and what does a pencil need everyone? No, not an eraser but that answer can be accepted as well. Come on everybody...spell it!!

P.E.N.C.I.L S.H.A.R.P.E.N.E.R!!!!

OK good. A picture included in this post is my assignment. Yes, I just bought that scissors and that glue. Does that picture bring back old memories? Haha, I'm quite sure when I took my diploma it's hard to think when the hell I would need a pair of scissors and glue. I always lent from my friends if I ever need those things. Of course, IT student do not need glue. For what? To stick a motherboard into the casing? I'm sure that's gonna bring you into psychiatric ward very soon. Very soon.

But owning those things triggered some flashbacks in my brain. I'm sure remember when I was obsessed with pencils. I must have the 2B black-and-yellow stripes pencil. No red pencils for me. Apa klass?? And of course, the classic rounded pencil sharpener with mirror behind it? Remember that? How about yellow wood ruler? Yea the one our teachers used to smack our palms when we didn't do our homework? Aahh...yes...those days...

But now I'm 22. Eventhough I haven't vote for general election (I'm not sure I will...) but my physical and my brain telling me I'm an adult. But still, an adult still need a pencil. For work. Or assignment. You see we can't escape our past. It's actually fun when we think back our past. Plus Ramadhan just around the corner. Time to relive the fun of being a kid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?