Monday, August 3, 2009

We are all brothers...from Africa?

Yet again it's Monday and of course Mr Bala will come into our class and start his "so-called" class. Well this few weeks he keeps on repeating something that he already mentioned or did such as "where are you from?" and "why you must improve your English" etc. Honestly I'm getting bored because jokes are only works once, or maybe twice, but never more than that. I concluded that he's running out of ideas. But still, he surprised me. Here's what he's gotta say this week...

Mr. Bala always proud to come from Sri Lanka (his ancestors from there, the Tamil Tigers generation) and always mentioned that politics really sucks (tell me 'bout it) and we cannot simply pride our race to be better than others. That's the reason why we are so far from each other. But this is where he fall off the tangen. He said that all of us came from Africa, no matter what your skin colour etc. I dunno bout that and keep questioning the truth behind that claim...

All I know is my ancestors came from Pakistan (my father's side) and Indonesia (my mother's side). There are no Africa in the words. But still I think it's pretty true, since civilization and religion started from that region. But it's all in the distant past, so what should I care? I can't see the reason why...can you?

Then he keep reminding us that the greatest people alive or passed away are black. Nat King Cole, Muhammad Ali, Michael Jackson, Ray Charles...all great people that are very influential to the world today. I can see he's right, but white people do strive too right? I don't say he is wrong but he just try to make his point true. So for me, 50-50 then...

But one thing for sure Mr. Bala did recommend us one thing. If you see African tourists along the road or somewhere, go give them a hug, because we are family! I think that's a good idea. If I do it I will say "Yo my man, my brother from another mother!!"

I'm not sure I'll end up alive or end up on the hospital bed...

2 comments:

  1. hahahhahahahahahahha

    i like this post anyway!

    ko tulis dalam bahasa inggeris lagi best. siyes. untuk blog ko, aku suka baca dalam bahasa inggeris lebih dari melayu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh tenkiu2...aku kene gak tulih melayu beb sebab 1 Malaysia kan...hahah...poyo jek...

    ReplyDelete

Say what?