Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I don't understand...but what the heck...

First a fact: Golden Screen Cinemas Mid Valley Megamall housed 18 screens and have 2899 seats, which is the biggest multiplex in Asia. Ironically Malaysia is one of the smallest country in Asia...hmm weird doesn't it?

Well this evening I finally got a chance to watch a movie in the biggest multiplex in Asia. Having to work before in GSC, I found it interesting that every GSC is the same, except the environment. But when I was a staff in GSC, I found one thing that really bugs me, do people really understand the movie they watch? At that time I found out that people don't really give a damn 'bout the story. They just simply enjoy the effects and by words of mouth...I think their hard earned cash doesn't mean anything at all...

Before I came up with that conclusion, I did a little survey after movies are over. I would stand on the exit door and asked:

So sir, how was the movie?

The feedback was a bit lame. They simply don't care or just say OK and I didn't really get the excitement if the movie was great. And let me tell you this, Hollywood is running out of ideas. Example Terminator 4 is actually Terminator 2.5, and Fast & Furious 4 is also Fast & Furious 2.5. They sit right the middle of previous movies. But customers that I got never complained about the silly storyline. Most people keep on coming to watch the movie. That was really confusing...why people wanna see a movie that go backwards? Only Star Wars can do that...

But now I finally understand what they felt. Today I watched Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince and honestly I don't understand the movie since I'm not a Harry Potter fan plus the near-Bollywood runtime. But after the movie, I can't really hate it. I dunno why. My head keep telling me to hate it but my heart says no. Hmm...so people, we human are very complicated. We even like things that we don't understand.

Perhaps the world is going crazy after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?