Friday, October 23, 2009

I dun need a crystal ball...I already knew

When Miss B cancelled her The Beyoncé Experience Live! in KL 2007 I wasn't surprised at all. Far from it. Too much restrictions from the government was the cause, plus the parochial-minded people rejected the idea about Beyoncé having a show here. I'm ashamed as a Malaysian. I really do. In 2007 the cancellation caused international headlines, from Billboard to CNN. And when Beyoncé decided to postpone the concert for I Am... Tour in KL it wasn't a shocker. I was thinking she gonna cancel the concert altogether but let's stick to "postponed" for now. I read the news on billboard.com and started laughing all by myself. Not because I find it funny for Beyoncé not to have a concert here but honestly who are we kidding here? We all know this one's coming right? Being optimistic is good, but if you're talking about concert you better forget about it. It saves time.

If an international (or American, it's easier that way) wants to do a show here, it's like try to have peace conference between Gaza and Tel Aviv. Almost impossible. Even Avril Lavigne was in hot water when she had a show here. Sexy? Avril? That's what those idiots say about Avril. Avril is far from sexy lah. Why the hell our people being so parochial and narrow minded?

All this headlines already made Malaysia is one of the most skipped-over country in the world. I just saw Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown World Tour dates and yes, no Malaysia. They will perform in Thailand and Singapore but not here. Why? Ask Linkin Park. Their 2004 concert here was a success but had a lot of curfew. Chester was not allowed to spit during performance and all members weren't allowed to wear shorts. Insane yet bizarre.

Are we moving forward? No. We are right where we started. Square one. We may have the tallest twin tower in the world and among the nicest beaches ever seen but our mind still stuck in the 50's. It's ironic when Internet and TV shows a lot of bare skin and crazy behaviour but still acceptable. What's the difference between those and live concert? I can't see any.

If they really wanted to be conservative then they can migrate to China, where the government control almost everything. Only 20 international movies are allowed there a year. That's how conservative they are. I don't have anything to say for those idiots. Barbarians don't think, they just know how to throw tantrums and yes, act stupidly.

All the single ladies, put your "MIDDLE FINGER UP!!!" Oh Oh Oh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?