Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Who are you? Oh, Mr Satis...

I strongly believe that when two or more strangers meet each other they introduce themselves. That's what make the difference between strangers and friends, right? Not in my class, for the lecturers at least. Here's the lowdown...

I've been in class for almost two weeks now (almost because lecturers keep cancelling classes, duh) and most the lecturers I met introduce themselves to class and vice-versa. But there are exception for two lecturers, Mr Satis and Mr Bala. First, let's start with Mr Satis.

Mr Satis is a lecturer, and of course his duty is teaching. But I don't call his method is teaching. It's more like keeping it to himself rather than sharing it with class. You see, Mr Satis wasn't even introduce himself to class, yet we barely know when he started the class. All I know is that when he typing something and mumbling all alone means that the class has already kicked off. Better get on that train fast. I got on, but mostly lost on where the train is heading. To heaven? Doesn't look like it. I simply say my RM24,000 on this degree is definitely not 100% worth it. More like RM2.40 perhaps...

Mr Bala, hmm...I can say he is my favourite lecturer. I remember he started the class talking like crazy and believe it or not, he never introduce himself either. A few times he mentioned "Mr Bala" during his crazy talk and I say "Oh, his name is Bala". But he suprised me for being vulgar and in-your-face attitude.

He touched a couple of "sensitive" subjects like how non-Muslim prays and mentioning condom as a reference. Shocking, I know but above all, he's a breath of fresh air. Something new, something vulgar. I really want to see him more than once a week. He teach me being vulgar is allowed as long as you have a very concrete reason to be that way.

Way to go Mr Bala. As for Mr Satis, I don't know what to do. I might end up regretting paying him to teach me something I already know. Darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?