Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No...later

Look at this picture. What is it? A BlackBerry Curve. I remember my previous job handles a lot of this gadget. If you have a BB in my previous office you are very important and you don't really have a life. Trust me, when I'm handling you a BB you don't want to take it. Period.

The point of having a BB in the first place is for emailing, as most companies reply so much on emails rather than calls. But now college students own one. I mean, what so great about this thing? Smaller screen, annoying QWERTY keypad (once you go QWERTY, you never go back) and far less function as let's say a Nokia.

This evening I granted my brother some moolah to get this BB. I actually owe him but it's devastating when the money goes to this thing. He already own a Nokia ExpressMusic but still, Nokia probably sound cheap. I got into text argument about this and it's his money, why the hell I should care? But what I don't understand is the feeling of wanting more. I have some, but why?

Break it down y'all:

a) Guys, you know this. You have a girl who loves you and want to get married to you. But even marriage does not stop us committing an/many affair(s). Who can answer that? I can't. Can you? Girls, stop that grinning, you too.

b) Keep up with the Joneses. No, not the overly-exposed Kardashians. Kapish? It means keeping up with everyone, material-wise. Your friend own a car, you gotta have one as well, but better. Handphones, houses, furniture you name it. Everything money can buy.

c) Career speak. I don't really fancy my current job now but it's way better than my previous. One year I promised myself, it will be new career path. Better money and benefits of course.

A few examples. But I keep thinking, why? For material-wise, can't we live frugally? Speaking of that, frugal is what I am now. I rarely eat out, as I learned to cook. I eat a lot (sure, hard to believe) so cooking is a no-brainer. If I cook, I can cook quite a lot for myself. It's not that good, but for survivalism I'm on it.

Clothes? Haha, not in my financial book. My mum get mad sometimes when I show up in old outfit. She can't believe that I'm working and very rarely buy new clothes. Mom, I don't need new clothes to be happy. Be frugal, that's OK.

Restraining yourself from committing one of seven deadliest sin (greed) is good. It shows you don't need lots of stuff to be happy. I am, sort of. I'm too shallow to reach Buddha's serenity.

I am...Sasha Fierce.

No seriously,

I am superficial, I am shallow, I am human.

BlackBerry, I'm gonna get you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?