Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 1: The road to smoke-free

Oh, it's been a year since I started smoking. I know, that something you can really proud of. I never counted how much money I spent for that thing, but one thing for sure everytime I bought it I feel guilty. That guilty don't last long however, 'cos a year had past and I'm still smoking.

My buddy Alex told me me I gotta stop or will forever be damned (OK, not really was he said) but everyone got their thing. Bad habits that they know they gotta stop. Letting ourselves go is the common symptoms of a human being. Like Alex himself he's an online gamer. Can he just stop cold-turkey? I doubt that, but it's not fair when his habit never gonna cost him his life. My habit however can cause lung cancer, smelly breath (you got this when you roll outta bed too), yellow teeth (again, excessive coffee also causing this) etc.

I told Alex that I'm gonna stop smoking by new year's eve (2011) and he didn't believe me point blank. Yes, he was right. Not only I'm a smoker but a liar as well. Damn.

After several trial, I've say it is the time to end this insanity. I'm putting my foot down and no negotiations after that. The deal has been made.

I'm quitting smoking y'all. It's been 18 hours since my last puff and it's not good. I'm struggling to hold on. Shit. Pray for me. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?